Portugal is well known for Orange Cake especially the Orange Cake made with Olive Oil. While my son lived in Portugal he had this cake many times, they even served it in little cafés for breakfast.
Jason also learned to cook some great food while he was there and picked up some amazing authentic recipes, he made his mama proud!
|Prep time: 30 minutes||Cooking time: 1 1⁄4 hours||Total time: 1 3⁄4 hours|
1. Preheat oven at 350°F
2. Grease and flour a Bundt pan or baking dish
3. In a bowl sift the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside
4. Beat the eggs in a mixer
5. Combine the sugar in with the eggs and beat again until creamy
6. Add flour mixture and oil to the bowl slowly alternating on low speed, finishing with flour
7. Fold in the orange rind and juice (should be about 1 ½ cups juice)
8. Bake for 1 ¼ hours. Take out of oven and let set in pan for 10 minutes then cool on cooling rack
9. Dust with powdered sugar. Best when it’s a day old